Wilson North Carolina Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hal Tarleton

2 posters

Go down

Hal Tarleton Empty Hal Tarleton

Post  manyhawks Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 pm

It seems that Hal is no longer employed by the WDT and I for one miss his presence in the paper.

He has a personal blog here: http://xeditor.blogspot.com
manyhawks
manyhawks

Back to top Go down

Hal Tarleton Empty Re: Hal Tarleton

Post  hucklebee Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:29 am

It seems that some of the negative posters from the WDT forum had migrated to Hal's blog and started posting their opinions there.

I salute Hal on his decision to regulate the comments. This forum hasn't had that problem yet. Hopefully it will not.

Quoted from his blog:

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
New policy will regulate comments
No, I will not allow this blog to devolve into the new version of the Wilson Times now-canceled Forum. That venue was canceled for a reason: It had become nothing more than a gripe bulletin board for a handful of malcontents who liked nothing better than deriding their community and all who occupy it. I had nothing to do with the decision to cancel the Forum, but I believe it was the right decision.
I won't let this blog descend to that gutter. Apparently some refugees from the Forum had migrated to this blog and were continuing their negative, hateful remarks here. I won't allow it. Therefore, I have changed the settings regulating comments. You can still make comments anonymously, but all comments will be vetted through me before posting. Therefore, you can write all the personal attacks and insults you want — they just won't be posted on this site.

I do welcome and encourage anyone who wants to comment on the topics I raise.

hucklebee

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum