Wilson North Carolina Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilson North Carolina Forum

Go down

Wilson North Carolina Forum Empty Wilson North Carolina Forum

Post  Admin Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:52 pm

I have followed the Wilson Daily Times forum since its beginning. I have always thought that it was generous of the Wilson Daily Times to provide their forum as a community service for the Wilson area residents. I watched as a few members continually posted negative comments about Wilson and even about people in Wilson. I noticed that a lot of members who joined the forum in the beginning gradually stopped posting after they were attacked time and again by a few members who did not agree with their opinions.

I have also been following the comments after the columns in the online section of the Wilson Daily Times. I am extremely disappointed by the latest comment that "Que Sera" made that was posted Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM after the "Personal attack forces closing of forum" editorial. In this comment he/she stated "Any 'Forumotion' website posted in these comments is DANGEROUS. Be very careful if you go there. These people have been proven to abuse personal information of people who register. Once again, any LISTED website address on these comments should be avoided. Dangerous people are running them."

I decided to respond to his/her comment with the following statement:

I take offense at the comment that insinuates that I have abused anyone's personal information. I do, however, take it with a grain of salt as I have noticed that "Que Sera" has never made a positive comment after any column in the Wilson Daily Times.

I decided to create this forum as a service to the community after the Wilson Daily Times closed theirs. No personal identifiable information is required to register on this forum. Names, birth dates, addresses, etc. are not required. The only info that is required of anyone who joins is a unique username and an email address. As for email addresses, there are many websites on the internet that offer free email accounts so that a person can join this forum and remain anonymous.

I also think it is very foolish of a person to abuse the personal information of anyone. They are opening themselves up for a lawsuit if they do so. I think it was extremely foolish of the two members who posted names of individuals of the Wilson community on the Wilson Daily Times forum which forced the Wilson Daily Times to make the decision to shut their forum down.

I also will not tolerate any threats, insults or personal attacks on this forum. If you wish to join please read and abide by the forum rules.

The Virginian
Administrator of the Wilson North Carolina Forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://wilsonnc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down